The Senior Patrol Leader is elected by the Scouts to represent them as the top junior leader in the troop. Reports to: Scoutmaster Senior Patrol Leader duties:
• Preside at all troop meetings, events, activities, and the annual program planning conference.
Chair the Patrol Leaders’ Council (PLC) meeting once a month. Attends at least 9/10 of the PLC meetings occurring during his service period.
Appointed other boy leaders with the advice and consent of the Scoutmaster.
Assign duties and responsibilities to other junior leaders.
• Assists with Scoutmaster in training junior leaders.
• Delegates task to the ASPLs. Makes sure an ASPL attends any meeting/function he will not be able to attend (troop, PLC, Committee Meeting, etc.)
• Oversees the planning effort s of Scouts for all Troop campout s (whether he attends these outing or not).
• Follows up with ASPLs and Patrol Leaders to ensure they are completing any tasks delegated to them.
• Informs Scoutmaster of any issues which might need adult leadership attention.
• Has good attendance at Troop meeting.
• Attends at least 3/4 of the monthly events during his service period.
• Set a good example.
• Enthusiastically wear the Scout Uniform correctly.
• Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
• Show Scout spirit.