• Maintain an inventory of up-to-date troop and scout training materials.
• Ensure Fast Start training for all new leaders.
• Be responsible for ensuring BSA Youth Protection training is obtained by adults working with scouts within the troop.
• Encourage participation in the annual Program and Training Conference and Wood Badge
• Encourage periodic youth leader training within the troop and at the council and national levels.
• Report to the troop committee about the training progress achieved within the Troop.
• Assist in the orientation of new leaders.
• Work with Safety Coordinator to be watchful that the troop is taking all steps to ensure the boys’ safety.
• Attend District Training opportunities.
• Ensure that the “Guide to Safe Scouting” is included with each scout trip and within medical records.