An Order of the Arrow Troop Representative is a youth liaison between the local OA lodge or chapter and his troop. In his troop, he serves as a communication and programmatic link to the Arrowman and adult leaders and Scouts who are not presently members of the Order. He does this in a fashion that strengthens the mission of the lodge and purpose of the Order. By setting a good example, he enhances the image of the Order as a service arm to his troop Reports to: The Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
• Serves as a communication link between the lodge or chapter and the troop.
• Encourages year round and resident camping in the troop.
• Encourages older Scout participation in high adventure programs.
• Encourages Scouts to actively participate in community service projects.
• Assists with leadership skills training in the troop.
• Encourages Arrowmen to assume leadership positions in the troop.
• Encourages Arrowmen in the troop to be active participants in the lodge and/or chapter activities and to seal their membership in the Order by becoming Brotherhood members.
• Sets a good example.
• Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
• Lives by the Scout Oath, Scout Law and OA obligation.
• Shows Scout spirit
OA Troop Representative Qualifications:
• Under 18 years old
• Appointed by SPL with SM approval
• OA Member in good standing