Troop Committee Position Open – Registrar
Here is a description of the job:
- Register new families by accepting paper or online applications.
- Add contact information for new scouts into the database, website contact directory, and TroopMaster. Submit applications to the council office. Request copies of the official roster from the council a few times per year and review to ensure that all applications submitted have been received and processed and the new members have been registered.
- Collect registration fees and submit them to the treasurer.
- Provide new families with instructions on how to sign up for website access and the newsletter email list, submit medical forms, and complete Youth Protection Training requirements for adult applicants.
- Notify Scoutmaster, Advancement Chair, Health Forms Liaison, Newsletter Editor, Webmaster, and Tree Lot Scheduler of new members or roster changes so that their records may be updated.
- Assist the Chartered Organization Representative and the Unit Leaders with the re-chartering process.
- someone who is organized
- good communication skills, often through email
- this work can be done on your own time, from home
- enjoy meeting new families and welcoming them into the troop
- ability to maintain database (did we say training is provided?)
- the busiest time of year is during crossover (typically March) when we get a lot of new members