ln 1956, the camp fee for the troop operated scout camp was $9. Selling Christmas trees door-to-door and holding troop dances raised funds for the troop. The Christmas trees were cut along railroad rights-of-way and forest lands at a cost of five cents per tree. Late in the 1950's the troop began operating a tree lot at Art's Food Center (now QFC on Holman Road). In the 1960's, several parent
s constructed the first tree lot sales shack. Summer camp was routinely held at Camp Omache. ln 1963, the scout camp fee was $18.50. In the 1970's, the Parents Group started making and selling swags at the tree lot . In 1976, a week at Camp Parsons cost $40 per scout. In the 1980's the tree lot was moved twice: first, to the video store across from Great Western Bank; and, then to Great Western Bank where it remained through Christmas 1990. In 1991, the Christmas tree lot was moved to St. Alphonsus' parking lot. Sales doubled at that location where we are still selling trees annually. In 1998, the Troop had a banner year with 1400 trees sold, a troop record at the time. In 1998, the Troop broke its Christmas tree sales record. The majority of trees sold were Noble Firs. Ten years prior, most of the trees sold were untrimmed Douglas Firs. In the summer of 1999, the troop returned to Camp Parsons for the first time since 1988. The cost had risen from $115 to $150/person. Troop 100 continues to sell Christmas Trees to this day. The Tree Lot has become a local institution at St. Al's parking lot. Many families and Scouts return year after year. In 2015, 45 Scouts attended summer camp at Camp Meriwether at a cost of $300 per Scout which was fully funded by the Tree Lot thanks to the hand working Scouts and Parents of Troop 100 and the kind citizens of Ballard and the surrounding communities.